TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is currently looking for Echocardiography Tech in the Minneapolis Area
Please read everything below before applying and only apply if you are fully qualified
or have been instructed to do so. Preference given to applicants with 1 year experience. Please submit a resume with 3 professional references - please list your skills online in the area provided after you hit the APPLY button. If you do not submit a resume with professional references, you will not be considered for employment.
TDY does extensive background checks, reference checks and pre-hire/random drug screening as a condition of employment.
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week on day or night shift. Day shift is predominantly during normal business hours 08:00-16:30.
- SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The provider is fully capable of performing the following tasks. Some duties may require orientation to the organization's specific methods and protocols.
The position includes physical exertion such as regular and recurring walking, stooping, bending, reaching and lifting of equipment and supplies, and hand-eye coordination to perform visual field evaluations. It may require frequent periods of walking throughout the facility to interface with other services, bending, stooping, lifting, and carrying. The incumbent is exposed to CRT/PC screen radiation sometimes for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodation may be considered in determining an applicant's ability to perform the duties/functions of the position.
- MINIMUM CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRY AND/OR LICENSES REQUIRED: Registration by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) as a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) is highly desirable. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications are also desirable.
At least one year of experience comparable to the next lower grade level, which is directly related to the duties of the position to be filled, and must fully meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities at that level. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities and the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*) below:
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
- Knowledge of the more complex examination and treatment procedures and techniques in order to provide training and supervision in these procedures, to evaluate and initiate performance improvement projects, and to write policies, procedures, and protocols, that pertain to Echocardiography.
- *Knowledge of JCAHO and other regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with employees at varying grade levels.
- *Ability to manage and supervise employees.
- *Ability to provide, or provide for, staff development and training.
- INITIATIVE, JUDGMENT AND CREATIVE ABILITY: Works without direct supervision. Must be able to successfully handle difficult patients and complex equipment problems. Must distinguish, correctly interpret, and respond appropriately to normal, abnormal and artifactual data as it is being collected. Must contact appropriate personnel in emergency situations or when routine medical problems arise.
Benefits include 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of service, paid sick leave up to 7 days per year (accrues) Full Medical coverage for all full time employees and holiday pay (includes dental and vision).
TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here
Once you hit the “Apply Now” button, you will be directed to enter into your information into our website general application – There will be several questions asked to ensure our Affirmative Action/EEOC compliance.
TDY is a federal contractor and as such is required to provide self-identification questions regarding race/gender/disability/veteran status to all qualified applicants. We offer all applicants the VOLUNTARY opportunity to respond to the questions.
You are under no obligation to respond to the questions and not answering the questions will have no impact on the application process or hiring decisions. Your responses are not seen by the hiring authority and have zero impact on our decision making process. Submitting this general application is not an offer of employment and does not a guarantee that the application process will proceed.