TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is currently looking for a contract CT Technologist for the Iowa City area.
Please read everything below before applying and only apply if you are fully qualified
or have been instructed to do so. Preference given to applicants with 1 year experience. Must have windows based computer experience. Please submit a resume with 3 professional references - please list your skills online in the area provided after you hit the APPLY button. If you do not submit a resume with professional references, you will not be considered for employment.
TDY does extensive background checks, reference checks and pre-hire/random drug screening as a condition of employment.
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week on day or night shift. Day shift is predominantly during normal business hours 08:00-16:30. Night shift is from 19:00-07:00. Hours and location of work may be adjusted to meet operational needs of the department. Overtime and On-Call may be required. Individual must sign in and out when reporting or departing from assignments.
The provider is expected to promote the organizational values of patient and visitor satisfaction by demonstrating courtesy and respect for all patients and their families, visitors and employees.
This position requires extensive and thorough knowledge of polysomnographic technology and sleep disorders. Cares for patients from young adult through geriatric years and demonstrates competence in the assessment, treatment, and care of the patients served.
- MINIMUM CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRY AND/OR LICENSES REQUIRED: Maintains current certification in CPR and appropriate tech certifications/licensure) and ARRT.
- MINIMUM DEGREE REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At minimum 12 months of clinical experience
- INITIATIVE, JUDGMENT AND CREATIVE ABILITY: Works without direct supervision. Must be able to successfully handle difficult patients and complex equipment problems. Must distinguish, correctly interpret, and respond appropriately to normal, abnormal and artifactual data as it is being collected. Must contact appropriate personnel in emergency situations or when routine medical problems arise.
- MENTAL, VISUAL AND HEARING DEMAND: Continuous visual and auditory attention and mental alertness required throughout the shift. Must be sensitive to potentially life threatening changes in patient status.
- REPORTS AND RECORDS: Record pertinent patient and equipment information before and during studies on daily basis. Write concise comprehensive impression of study on a daily basis. Archives sleep study appropriately on a daily basis. Must be accurate. Maintain confidentiality on all patient reports
- CONTACTS: Patients, other departmental personnel, respiratory therapists, medical director of sleep center, and various physicians within health system and external referring physicians, Security, Transport Services, Inpatient Unit Staff, Clinical Engineering, personnel in other hospital departments as necessary, and technical or sales representatives of equipment and supply companies
- HEALTH AND HAZARDS: Possible exposure to infectious disease. Potential for injury if not careful when assisting obese and disabled patients
- MENTAL, VISUAL AND HEARING DEMAND: Continuous visual attention, auditory attention, and mental alertness required throughout the shift
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The position requires sitting and standing for shifts 8-12 hours in length. On a shift basis it is required to set-up patients with monitoring equipment and requires some reaching and bending. May need to assist patients in and out of bed litter and wheelchair as well as transport patients via wheelchair. Many patients having sleep studies are obese.
CT Tech Requirements:
Radiology – Computed Tomography (CT) Technologist Technical Requirement - Computed Tomography Registered Radiologic Technologist with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Registered/certified in Computed Tomography as a post primary Radiology discipline. Required to meet all continuing education (CE) requirements of the ARRT and maintain current CPR certification. Technologist independently performs a wide range of diagnostic radiologic exams to aid providers in the
diagnosis and treatment of illness. Technologist independently performs a wide range of Computed Tomography (CT) exams to aid
providers in the diagnosis and treatment of illness. Technologist is competent to administer oral and IV contrast as ordered by the provider. Exams will be performed in the CT room, on a GE 64 slice VCT Scanner. Technologist is required to work weekdays and occasionally weekends as departmental needs arise. Tour of duty will vary and working holidays maybe required (on a rotating schedule). Evening and night tour of duties may be assigned to accommodate the needs of the department when other technologists are on planned or unplanned leave or may be required to participate in an on-call rotation.
Benefits include 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of service
, accrued paid sick leave, Full Medical coverage for all full time employees and holiday pay.
TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here
Once you hit the “Apply Now” button, you will be directed to enter into your information into our website general application – There will be several questions asked to ensure our Affirmative Action/EEOC compliance.
TDY is a federal contractor and as such is required to provide self-identification questions regarding race/gender/disability/veteran status to all qualified applicants. We offer all applicants the VOLUNTARY opportunity to respond to the questions.
You are under no obligation to respond to the questions and not answering the questions will have no impact on the application process or hiring decisions. Your responses are not seen by the hiring authority and have zero impact on our decision making process. Submitting this general application is not an offer of employment and does not a guarantee that the application process will proceed.