TDY is assisting with the recruitment of qualified applicants for Development Director for Epilepsy Foundation Eastern PA (EFEPA). The hiring authority is EFEPA President/CEO.
Founded in 1972, Epilepsy Foundation Eastern PA (EFEPA) meets the non –medical needs of individuals affected by epilepsy/ seizure disorder to enhance lives and build supportive communities. As we continue to expand our impact in Greater Philadelphia and surrounding communities, we are seeking a Development Director to ensure that the Foundation maximizes the opportunity for growth. The Development Director provides critical operational support through execution of projects and events, database management, and logistical and administrative support for the development team.
The Development Director, who reports to the President and CEO, is responsible for the cultivation of individual, foundation, and corporate donors. S/he identifies potential donors, maintains accurate donor records and plans fundraising events. S/he identifies and prepares written grant proposals. Candidate must plan and execute many fundraising events throughout the year including a black-tie gala, non-competitive walks and golf outing. Candidate must be creative, articulate, and forward thinking.
- - Coordinating and executing the Foundation's fundraising events (gala, walks, and golf outing). Duties include but not limited to logistics, organization, set up and break down, and day of duties as well as ensuring collaboration amongst the staff and volunteers.
- - Recruit and orient event volunteers.
- - Oversee events budget and external vendor communications.
- - Maintenance of comprehensive fundraising database (Salesforce).
- - Managing the deadline-driven calendar of all development activities and grants, by researching grant guidelines and submission of grant materials on time.
- - Manage, cultivate, and promote third party fundraisers.
- - Secure in-kind donations for events including raffle and silent auction items, food and beverages, and give-a-ways.
- - Identify, initiate contact and cultivate individuals for major and planned giving opportunities.
- - Establish and maintain relationships with donors, including corporate and constituents.
- - Identify and implement corporate sponsorships.
- - Provide support to event participants to ensure they have the information they need to be successful in their fundraising endeavors.
Writing and Communications
- - Editing and compiling proposals and reports for foundation and corporate grants.
- - Writing, editing and coordinating mailings to funders, including sponsorship requests and thank you letters.
- - Contributing to e-newsletters and annual report.
- - Coordinating with communications staff member to create emails and social media campaigns for distribution related to fundraising activities.
- - Assisting in the creation of compelling fundraising communications including an Annual Appeal.
- - Present to the EFEPA Board, PAB, donors, and other major stakeholders.
- - Bachelor's degree
- - 3-5 years prior fundraising, donor cultivation, and event management experience is a priority
- - Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- - Excellent ability to multi-task accompanied by a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook
- - Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- - Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- - High degree of comfort with cold calling
- - Strong creative thinking and analytical skills
- - Strong customer service ethic and ability to relate to, communicate well with and be respectful of people from all walks of life
- - Strong sense of responsibility, initiative and follow through
- - Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required
- - Knowledge of Salesforce, Kintera, Social Media, Google Apps and/or ability to learn new software applications quickly are preferred
- - Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and basic HTML are a plus
- - Must have drivers license and reliable personal transportation
- - Evenings and/or weekends as needed
Job Type: Full-time
- Development: 3 years
- Fundraising: 3 years
To apply, click this link
EFEPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here