TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is currently looking for well qualified "Certified Medical Laboratory Histotechnologists
" for a 6-12 month contract in Philadelphia PA Area. Must have knowledge and experience.
TDY will consider a candidate’s compliance with the application instructions to be indicative of the type of conduct that it may expect from the candidate during employment. Therefore, failure to comply with these instructions may be grounds for exclusion from employment consideration.
Please read everything below before applying and only apply if you are fully qualified
. Preference given to applicants with previous medical clerical experience. Must have computer experience. Please submit a resume with 3 professional references - please list your skills online in the area provided after you hit the APPLY button. If you do not submit a resume with professional references, you will not be considered for employment.
TDY does extensive background checks, reference checks and pre-hire/random drug screening as a condition of employment.
This is not a government job, this is a contract position with the government.
TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is currently looking for well qualified "Certified Medical Laboratory Techs
" for a 6-12 month contract in Minneapolis, MN Area.
Daily working hours:
Monday- Friday: 9a-5:30pm
Note: The daily tour of duty includes 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
Skills Required :
- The qualified applicant will be a certified Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) who has graduate from an accredited MT or MLT program and who is certified as a MT or MLT by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board Certification, or the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Current BLS from American Heart Association (or able to get if assigned)
- At least one year of continuous experience
- Prepare, evaluates, describes and samples tissue specimens submitted for analysis,
- ensuring that the specimens are handled in the appropriate manner.
- Prepare complex reagents which require ability to follow directions and policy and
procedures according to CAP and facility manuals.
- Performs, evaluates and monitors the performance of non-routine and specialized test
procedures by understanding and following directions from facility guidelines and policies.
- Recognizes and reacts to indicators of malfunction; locates and implements corrections.
- Using known controls, evaluates test results and reports results to appropriate
- Calibrates, standardizes, adjusts and maintains instruments according to policy and procedure.
- Verifies correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks.
- Identifies the cause of common issues with equipment and is able to note and makes
simple repairs and instruments.
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment, reagents and products, and maintains
proper records for quality control.
- Upon request, evaluates and recommends that new stains and tests be incorporated into
the laboratory procedures.
- Sets up new complex procedures not previously standardized by utilizing Scientific
Papers and using his/her knowledge and experience with direction of Mohs Surgeon.
- Works with other internal/external entities to ensure synchronization of the patients’
- Follows all guidelines as required from the CAP Anatomic Pathology, VHA Handbook
- 1106.01 Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Service Procedures, and CLIA Regulations (42
- Able to use computer and data bases as needed for service.
- Inputs data into and retrieves data from the appropriate data systems.
- Assist in maintaining the pathology records in the electronic records system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Professional knowledge of Biological Science and histologic principles, concepts and
methodology sufficient to perform a broad range of procedures including anatomic
description, complex histological and chemical analysis, run quality control, research and
implement new procedures.
- Knowledge of the nature of antibody reactions, physiochemical principles and basic
mathematics to interpret possible artefacts, and to improve on methodology.
- Knowledge of chemistry and mathematics, as well as primary reference materials
provided by the facility.
- Knowledge of immunology and cell biology sufficient to comprehend complex theories
and reactions related to immunohistochemistry. The technician must fully understand the
nature of antibody reactions with highly specialized tissue antigens. He/she must be familiar
with the concept of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies in order to select the appropriate
antibodies for differential diagnosis of tumors, among a vast number of available reagents.
- Knowledge sufficient to work with the new methodology related to the DNA
(deoxyribonucleic acid) imagery. This requires the usage of complex new equipment which
quantitatively measures the amounts of cellular DNA necessary to evaluate the malignancy.
- Knowledge and skill sufficient to use and maintain complex instruments (e.g., microtome,
cryostat, cameras, automatic tissue processor).
- Knowledge of technical and mechanical indictors of malfunction, sufficient to locate and correct errors.
- Knowledge of known staining results with disease processes to integrate and correlate test results.
- Knowledge of medicolegal and accrediting/regulatory agency requirements, sufficient to
ensure that work is consistent with standards.
- Personnel must maintain the highest standard of integrity during interactions
with patients, patients’ families; nurses, doctors; and other healthcare professionals.
- Personnel will consistently communicate and treat others in a courteous, tactful
and respectful manner.
TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here
Once you hit the “Apply Now” button, you will be directed to enter into your information into our website general application – There will be several questions asked to ensure our Affirmative Action/EEOC compliance.
TDY is a federal contractor and as such is required to provide self-identification questions regarding race/gender/disability/veteran status to all qualified applicants. We offer all applicants the VOLUNTARY opportunity to respond to the questions.
You are under no obligation to respond to the questions and not answering the questions will have no impact on the application process or hiring decisions. Your responses are not seen by the hiring authority and have zero impact on our decision making process. Submitting this general application is not an offer of employment and does not a guarantee that the application process will proceed.