**Please read all of the information provided below and do not apply if you are not 100% qualified
TDY will consider a candidate’s compliance with the application instructions to be indicative of the type of conduct that it may expect from the candidate during employment. Therefore, failure to comply with these instructions may be grounds for exclusion from employment consideration.
Please read everything below before applying and only apply if you are fully qualified
. Please submit a resume with 3 professional references - please list your skills online in the area provided after you hit the APPLY button. If you do not submit a resume with professional references, you will not be considered for employment.
TDY does extensive background checks, reference checks and pre-hire/random drug screening as a condition of employment.
This is not a government job, this is a contract position with the government.
TDY Medical is looking for a candidate for a contract position at a local hospital - Temporary staffing needed on a full time basis (40 hours per week) for a Biomedical Engineering Technicians (BMETs) with Imaging Experience for approximately a 6-12 month period. Normal working hours will be 7:30am to 4pm, Monday-Friday, excluding federal holidays. Occasional overtime may be needed.
Biomedical engineers provide maintenance of infusion pumps, vital signs monitors, patient lifts, EKG machines, ESUs, defibrillators, and possibly dialysis machines. Associates Degree (or extensive experience) and 3 years minimum experience is required
- First response level maintenance, repairs, and preventive maintenance (PM) for medical equipment (specific Make/Models to be provided). Finds solutions to failures of assigned equipment in the most cost efficient and expedient manner. Performs repairs using accepted repair practices while maintaining high standards of equipment performance and safety. PM inspections shall be in accordance with manufacturer and Biomedical Engineering’s standard procedures
- Incoming inspection of new general medical equipment to include performance verification, electrical safety inspection, and recording equipment inventory information.
- Coordinates with vendor service representatives in providing PM, repair, and/or parts acquisition for assigned equipment covered under a service contract.
- Assists in-house BMETs with maintenance and repair of complex electronic and medical equipment and systems as necessary.
- Obtains parts ordering information and provides ordering requests to the Supervisory BMET for approval
- Documents all work completed per Biomedical Engineering’s standard operating procedure
- Accomplishes work in a timely manner within an established framework of policies/guidelines, and regularly reports equipment and job statuses to the Supervisory BMET.
- Works closely with other Engineering and clinical personnel in solving unique medical systems problems. Technician is expected to communicate effectively with these personnel to determine the objectives desired, while conceptualizing, suggesting, and working out solutions to the problems or situations.
- Customer service – Daily work shall be customer-oriented. Provides services to medical center staff, patients, visitors and the general public, which are consistently courteous, cooperative, and responsive to the needs of our customers.
General medical equipment, including, but not limited to:
- Alaris 8015/8100 modular infusion pumps
- S-SCORT Duet suction pump/aspirator
- CAS MED 740 vital signs monitors
- Pulse Oximeters
- Zoll R Series Plus Defibrillators
- Physio Control Lifepak500/1000 AEDs
- Arjo patient lifts/scales/patient transfer aids
- Lionville medication carts
- Invacare oxygen concentrators
- Devilbiss Pulmo Aide nebulizers
- Patient scales (SR instruments, Arjo
- Medline sequential compression devices
- General surgical equipment
- GE MAC 5000/5500 EKG machines
- Electrical surgical units (ESUs) - ValleyLab Force FXC/Force Triad, Conmed
- Philips Intellivue physiological monitoring/telemetry
- Olympus endoscopy video systems
- Gambro Phoenix dialysis machines
- Gambro WRO300 portable RO
- Fax machines
- General laboratory equipment
- Medical computer workstations (e.g., CIS/ARK)
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: Works under specific guidelines and supervision of the Supervisory Biomedical Engineering Technician (BMET). All work assignments will be assigned thru the Supervisory BMET or Biomedical Program Specialist. Temporary BMET is technically responsible for the quality of work accomplished.
- Associates degree or higher, or equivalent (e.g., military training), as an electronics technician and/or BMET
- Minimum of three (3) years hospital/healthcare experience performing medical equipment maintenance
Work assignments involve bench and on-site repairs requiring sitting, standing, walking, lifting, climbing, bending, and working in cramped and awkward positions. Incumbent frequently handles objects weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally objects weighing in excess of 40 pounds.
Maintenance shop and patient care areas. Work is primarily done inside well-lighted, heated and ventilated areas, although access to some equipment may be more cramped and not as well lit. May be exposed to tremendously high electrical voltages and currents, and may sustain cuts, bruises or burns caused by electric shock, hot components, and ionizing radiation x-rays. May be exposed to patient bodily fluids when working in patient-care areas.
* U. S. Citizenship
* Must pass pre-employment examination
* English Language Proficiency required
* Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
* Background and-or Security Investigation required
* Licensure/Certification required
*Salary is dependent upon experience.
When posting resume, please list 3 professional references - do not list "references available upon request" - also please post as a word or text document.
We do extensive background checks, please do not apply if you will not pass a background check/pre-employment drug screening.
TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here
Once you hit the “Apply Now” button, you will be directed to enter into your information into our website general application – There will be several questions asked to ensure our Affirmative Action/EEOC compliance.
TDY is a federal contractor and as such is required to provide self-identification questions regarding race/gender/disability/veteran status to all qualified applicants. We offer all applicants the VOLUNTARY opportunity to respond to the questions.
You are under no obligation to respond to the questions and not answering the questions will have no impact on the application process or hiring decisions. Your responses are not seen by the hiring authority and have zero impact on our decision making process. Submitting this general application is not an offer of employment and does not a guarantee that the application process will proceed.