TDY will consider a candidate’s compliance with the application instructions to be indicative of the type of conduct that it may expect from the candidate during employment. Therefore, failure to comply with these instructions may be grounds for exclusion from employment consideration.
Please read everything below before applying and only apply if you are fully qualified
. You must have TWO YEARS previous SPD experience and preference given to applicants who are certified with CBSPD or IAHCSMM (not required). Must have computer experience. Please submit a resume with 3 professional references - please list your skills online in the area provided after you hit the APPLY button. If you do not submit a resume with professional references, you will not be considered for employment.
TDY does extensive background checks, reference checks and pre-hire/random drug screening as a condition of employment. You must have computer experience beyond using the internet and email!
This is not a government job, this is a contract position with the government.
TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is currently looking for well qualified SPD Techs for the Minneapolis area.
Working hours to be determined for a total not to exceed 8 hours per day, or 40 hours per week. Daily working hours available will be days, evenings, or nights with a 30 minute lunch. Some weekend rotations possible.
Please only apply if you fulfill the qualifications listed below AND it shows on your resume:
- Disassembles, decontaminates and reassembles the full range of reusable medical and surgical supplies, instruments, flexible, rigid, video scopes and medical equipment.
- Operates various kinds of equipment such as ultrasonic cleaners, cart washers, washer disinfectors, scope washers, and leak testers in order to ensure safe and effective product.
- Follows manufacturer instructions on how to decontaminate a variety of specialized instruments such as robotic surgical equipment, orthopedics instruments, and delicate instruments.
- Prepares, assembles, wraps, and package a full range of trays and sets used on the wards, Operating Room (O.R.) and in the clinics of the hospital.
- Selects appropriate methods for sterilizing, balancing time constraints with possible detrimental effects of priority methods.Routinely tests operation of equipment for effectiveness of sterilization.
- Operates various kinds of sterilizers, Hydrogen peroxide, Ethylene oxide and steam. Uses different sterilization parameters for each sterilizer and know on how to read and record a Bowie Dick/steam test pack, biological and chemical indicators and integrators accurately.
- Storage and issuing duties consist of removing items from sterilizers; inspecting packages for indications of proper sterilization, labeling items to show date of sterilization and shelf-life; and storing the items in such a way as to preserve the sterile condition.
- Assembly of OR case carts, requires understanding of what to pick from inventory pick sheet, both reusable and disposable product. Place items in case cart without jeopardizing the integrity of the product. Accuracy is vital to the case cart assembly.
: High School graduate or equivalent
Licensure: Certification from IAHCSMM or CBSPD preferred but not required
and 2 years of experience.
Skills & Abilities: Must possess basic reading, math, and computer skills in order to access instrument tray and picklists. Must be able to distinguish between sterile and non-sterile; assure proper packaging techniques and appropriate sterilization cycles for all items. Must comprehend sterility maintenance, have a complete understanding of the sterilization process, and maintain a surgical conscience.
We do extensive background checks and pre-employment drug screening.
TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here
Once you hit the “Apply Now” button, you will be directed to enter into your information into our website general application – There will be several questions asked to ensure our Affirmative Action/EEOC compliance.
TDY is a federal contractor and as such is required to provide self-identification questions regarding race/gender/disability/veteran status to all qualified applicants. We offer all applicants the VOLUNTARY opportunity to respond to the questions.
You are under no obligation to respond to the questions and not answering the questions will have no impact on the application process or hiring decisions. Your responses are not seen by the hiring authority and have zero impact on our decision making process. Submitting this general application is not an offer of employment and does not a guarantee that the application process will proceed.